FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
01 How to shop
How can I place an order?
You can order articles from our collection in one of the following ways:
• Shop online in the ecommerce section: click on MEN, WOMEN in the main menu to view our collection. You can buy the articles you want from the comfort of your own home, and we will deliver them to you within 3 working days.
• By phone to +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland) (Mon-Fri 9:00-19:00): if you want to order something from our collection by phone, take note of the article code and the size you have chosen (e.g. article 724-6990 size 37) and phone us at the appropriate number.
• By email to Customer Service Bata Home: click here to order one or more articles, or just to ask for information about our service. Remember to give us your full postal address and your telephone number so that we can contact you if needed.
How can I shop online?
To shop online follow this procedure (more details):
• Find the articles: click on MEN, WOMEN, in the main menu to view our collection. Use the dropdown menu on the left to go to the various categories, then click on the photo of the article for which you would like to see the details.
• Choose the size: click on the required size, then select the amount you want to order. If you have any doubts about the size, click on the SIZE CHART to find your size. You can also click on "Send to friend" to show the article you are viewing to a friend, or SHARE ON FACEBOOK to share it with all your Facebook friends. There is also a space for you to make any comments. Then click on "Add to basket" to continue.
• Basket: when you add an article to the basket it is shown on the top right in the summary box. You can continue to look at the collection and put other articles in the basket following steps 1 and 2 above, or you can finish shopping by clicking on "Finish the order".
• What is in the basket: now you can see what is in your basket. If you click on "change size" you can change the item size, or on "Add the same item" to add the same item to the trolley, or click on "Remove from trolley" to delete the selected item. Then click on "Add your comment to article (colour, size specification, etc.)" if you want to input any specifications regarding the article you are ordering. Finally, if you click on "Empty basket" you delete all of the articles you have added so far. Click on "Continue order" to continue.
• Login to MyBata: if you register, you can quickly enter MyBata without having to input your postal data. However it is not compulsory to register if you want to complete the order. Click on "Continue" to continue.
• Postal data: input your postal data, giving your name and surname or the company name that appears on your doorbell, the country, street, number (if there is no number tick SNC), town, postcode, email address and phone number. Select the SMS box if you want to receive notifications about your order progress by text. If you wish, you can register with MyBata and become a Bata Club member: you will discover lots of advantages, receive discount vouchers, special offers and you will be able to take part in initiatives reserved just for members. Once you have registered, you will be able to quickly login without having to input your data each time. Click on "Continue order" to continue.
• Delivery and payment: confirm the postal method and payment method (VISA, MasterCard or PayPal). If you have a discount code, input it in the "Input discount coupon" box and click on "Verify coupon". Click on "Order resume" to continue.
• Summary and data check: check all the details in your order. You can change the data or selections already made by clicking on "Shipping data update", "Update basket" or "Payment method change". Click on "Order" to continue.
• Credit card details: input your credit card number, the CVV2/CVC2/4DBC code, the expiry date, the card holder name and your email address for any alterations or communications. Finally click on Submit to continue.
• Order confirmation: take note of the order number shown on this page, which will also be sent to you by text or email, depending on the contact type you have chosen.
What should I do if I can’t find the article in the site?
If you can’t find the article you are looking for in the site, send us an e-mail or phone +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland) for more information.
Can I add another article to my order?
Of course, send us an email or phone +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland) as soon as possible, and we will add your new articles to your order.
02 Payment method
What are the payment methods?
You can pay using one of the following methods:
o VISA, VISA ELECTRON
03 Transaction security
What are the “Verified by Visa” and “MasterCard secure code” systems?
To reduce the risk of Internet fraud for the main credit cards, Visa and MasterCard have developed two security systems respectively called Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code. These systems enable the credit card holder to authorise payment by Internet through password protected authentication. Credit card holders must make their request to the bank that issued their credit card and follow the Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure Code protocols, to be certified as “Verified” or “Secure Code”. A password is associated to the credit card that is only known to the card holder.
04 Shipment and deliveries
How are the shipments handled?
Articles ordered through the Bata Home Service are carefully packed in special Bata packaging, and consigned to the UPS courier for shipment. When you receive your parcel, check the packaging and the Compar S.p.A. sellotape are undamaged and have not been tampered with.
Where do you deliver to?
We deliver to five countries: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and Holland.
What are the delivery times?
The courier will generally deliver within five working days from the date the articles are available. However, Compar S.p.A. will not be held responsible for any delays.
Will I receive a single parcel?
The goods are sent from our Bata stores in Italy. If the ordered articles are not available in the same store, we will send them from different stores without any additional postal charges for you.
What happens if I’m not home when they are delivered?
If the addressee is not home when the UPS courier tries to deliver, they will leave you a failed delivery note. You can then agree on a delivery time over the next few days by phoning the Call Centre +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland). After 5 days in the UPS warehouse, the parcels will not be delivered but returned to the sender.
Can I monitor the delivery?
You can check the progress of your delivery by quoting the carriage note number on the www.ups.com site in the search shipment section, or you can phone the Call Centre on +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland). If you want to know the carriage note number for your deliveries, send us an e-mail (Select Bata Home assistance).
Which delivery address should I give?
Remember to give us an address where the courier will find somebody who can collect the parcel. If you cannot receive it at your home, give us the address of somebody else you trust (a relative, friend, etc.) or, if possible, the address where you work.
Remember to give us very precise details about your address:
• Name and surname, or company name on the doorbell (e.g. Mario Rossi c/o Diamond Jewellers).
• Address: street, square, etc., without abbreviations (e.g. Via Alessandro Volta).
• Street number: always! If there is no street number select SNC (Senza Numero Civico – Without street number)
• Postcode: the precise postcode for your house.
• Town. The town or district.
• Province: give the province code
• Country: the name of the country to ship to.
Can I agree the delivery date and time?
No, we cannot agree these beforehand.
Can I change the delivery address after placing the order?
You can give us a new address by sending an e-mail (Select Bata Home assistance) or by phoning +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland) within 24 hours from when you place your order. We will inform the UPS courier.
Will the courier contact me before making the delivery?
No, the courier will not contact you before making the delivery. We advise monitoring the delivery progress on the UPS site to find out when it will be made.
05 Postal costs
What are the postal costs?
The postal costs are €4.00
06 Right of withdrawal
The Customer has the right to withdraw from the Deed of Sale within 30 days from the date the contracted Products have been received.
The right to withdrawal is exercised using the specific “Right of Withdrawal” form which is included with the Products.
The right of withdrawal form must be sent to Compar S.p.A. in one of the following ways:
a) Fax: number +39 049 8991010, for the attention of the Customer Service Office.
b) Email: address email@example.com.
As soon as Compar S.p.A. receives the notification from the Customer who has exercised their right of withdrawal, they will send confirmation that the form has been received by email or text.
A Customer who exercises their right of withdrawal must return:
- An undamaged and unused Product in its original undamaged packaging.
- The tax document (tax receipt).
- The original copy of the right of withdrawal form (completely filled in), which has already been sent by fax or email to Compar S.p.A. at the following address: Compar S.p.A. - EUROWEB - via Alessandro Volta 6, 35010 Limena, Padua, Italy.
The Products must be returned within 40 days from the date the withdrawal is notified. The withdrawal notification date is the date that the form was sent by fax or email.
The Customer is responsible for the costs for returning the Products to Compar S.p.A. Therefore the Shipment Costs and any other additional costs for returning the Products are entirely the Customer’s responsibility.
Compar S.p.A. will refund the Customer only for the Price and Shipment Costs (the costs sustained by the Customer to receive the Products at the given address, excluding taxes, duty and other charges).
The sum will be refunded within fourteen days from the date the fax or email message is received, whereby the Customer declares the intention to withdraw from the Deed of Sale, as long as the undamaged Product in its undamaged packaging and the tax receipt are received by Compar S.p.A. Therefore, Compar S.p.A. will retain the refund until the undamaged Product in its undamaged packaging and the tax receipt have been received or until the Customer demonstrates that the Product has been returned.
The refund will be made by crediting the Price and Shipment Costs to the credit card used to pay the order, or by bank transfer to the account indicated by the Customer in the withdrawal form.
If the Customer exercises their right of withdrawal in any other way than that given in this article, there will be no right to have the Price and Shipment Costs refunded.
07 Product availability
My order was not placed, what can I do?
If your order has not been placed successfully, it means the article is out of stock, send us an e-mail (Select Bata Home assistance) or phone +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland), and we will carry out a search for the article and keep you informed.
I can’t find my size in the site, what can I do?
The sizes that are shown in the site are those that are effectively available in the Bata Home Delivery store circuit. Send us an e-mail (select Bata Home assistance) or phone +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland) for more information.
08 Article information
I would like more information about the articles in the online collection, what should I do?
If you want more information, please send us an email or phone +43-720-880213 (Austria); +32-78480285 (Belgium); 0800-183-0760 (Germany); +352-20202450 (Luxembourg); +31-858880287 (Holland), and we will answer all your questions.
09 My Bata
I have forgotten my My Bata password, what should I do?
If you have forgotten your My Bata profile password, send us an email; we will send the data to you again to enable you to access the site.